There are several ways you can sell unused internet and make money:
- Rent out your WiFi: You can rent out your WiFi to people in your community or to travelers. You can charge a daily or hourly rate for access to your WiFi.
- Sell your data: Some companies, such as Dataconomy, allow you to sell your internet usage data to researchers and businesses. This is typically done through the installation of a monitoring tool on your device.
- Become a hotspot: If you have a strong and reliable WiFi connection, you can set up a hotspot and sell access to it. You can do this through a service like Purple, which allows you to create a secure, private WiFi network and set your own pricing.
- Sell unused data on your phone plan: If you have a data plan on your phone that you don’t use all of each month, you can sell the excess data on a platform like Datasmart.
- Rent out your router: If you have a router that you’re not using, you can rent it out to people in your area who need a reliable internet connection. This is a good option if you have a high-quality router that you no longer need.
It’s important to note that you will need to comply with any laws or regulations in your area regarding the sale of internet services. You may also need to obtain any necessary licenses or permits.